Internship Now Available with Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce
The Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce is seeking a part-time communications and outreach intern for the fall to work in our Milwaukee office. There is the potential for the internship to continue into the spring semester as well.
Responsibilities associated with an internship may include list management, monitoring the media, member outreach and recruitment, writing projects, event planning, research, and various special projects as needed for the organization.
Qualified interns should…
1. Be dependable, detail-oriented, motivated, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
2. Have an interest in LGBT issues, nonprofit management, business, and/or government relations;
3. Have strong writing, researching, and interpersonal skills;
4. Have reliable transportation to and from work;
5. And be available to work a minimum of 10-15 hours a week.
Additionally, skills in graphic and/or website design and online/social media tool management are a plus, but not required.
Interns play a vital role in our operations, and we rely a great deal on our interns to produce high-level work.
Application Process: For best consideration, applicants should submit the required materials by August 29, although applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Applicants need to submit a resume, cover letter, and references in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org.